CLAREMONT CHORALE SEEKS ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
FOR 2018 AND BEYOND
The Claremont Chorale, established 50 years ago, seeks an experienced part time Artistic Director to inspire, teach and lead its members. We are looking for an Artistic Director with a passion and enthusiasm for choral singing as well as a vision to inspire the Chorale to achieve excellence in all its endeavors.
The Chorale seeks candidates who have a record of accomplishment as an Artistic Director conducting volunteer adult choruses, professional orchestras, instrumental ensembles, and soloists. The successful candidate will be well versed in major choral works and have strong leadership, interpersonal, and creative choral programming skills
The Chorale is a 60+ member auditioned adult volunteer chorus. The Chorale is run by an active Board of Directors. We require the Artistic Director to attend monthly Board meetings and to communicate with the Board as necessary between Board meetings via emails, phone calls, and/or text messages. The Board works in collaboration with the Artistic Director to approve concert themes and budgets and is primarily responsible for administrative responsibilities such as marketing, fund-raising, etc. The Chorale is an equal opportunity employer.
Detailed Position Description is available online at www.ClaremontChorale.org. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2017. All applications will be held in confidence. Submit an electronic letter of interest, resume, and video (15 to 30 minutes duration) of you rehearsing a chorus via email with subject line "Search Committee" to theClaremontChorale@gmail.com.
All applications will be acknowledged as received. Please email any questions to theClaremontChorale@gmail.com .
Some select applicants will be:
- Interviewed by the Director Search Committee
- Asked to conduct 30 to 45 minutes of a rehearsal of the Claremont Chorale between January 1 and February 28, 2018.
We anticipate making an offer in early April, and anticipate new Artistic Director will:
- work with the Music Planning Committee in April, 2018, to outline the concert themes for the 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons, and
- assist the Chorale in its search for an accompanist to work with the Artistic Director when rehearsals resume in September, 2018, and
- assume full responsibilities starting August 1, 2018.